View Single Post
Old Dec 24, 2011, 12:02 PM
Find More Posts by Tim Marks
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p901P901 View Post
I would like to charge 4 packs of 5000ma 6 cell batteries at once. My question is instead of using the MPA is it possible to connect all balance ports to a single 6 port on the 10s adapter? All of my balance plugs are the JST type. Still have not used mine and need a 10s adapter. Sure wish there were suitable schematics for various arrangements.
Also what is the function of balance the ports? Do they actually charge each individual cells, if so at what currents? Or do they just monitor each cell voltage?

Hi:

Then only way to charge more than one 6s pack at a time on the 10XP is to charge parallel. There are of course, a number of alternatives to allow you to interface batteries in parallel. If you go the MPA route, you have all the safety and protection of individual, resettable fuse protection, and main wire fuse protection for every pack. Otherwise, we have supplied you with the information you would need to come up with your own form of wiring harness, or retrofit something else. Check the user guide starting page 30 for XH WIRING MODE.

Go to the product's tab page and click the first link for the user guide:

http://www.revolectrix.com/10xp_links_tab.htm

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline Find More Posts by Tim Marks