Old Dec 23, 2011, 08:56 PM
Find More Posts by Majic1
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 2011
71 Posts
Shuang Ma - DH9116

Hi everybody,

Just a little background:
I am new to this site and also new to this hobby. I am probably much older than most of you guys, but not that old! Anyway, when I was a teenager, I used to have R/C cars and trucks, then later got into gliders and planes. It has been many years since I have operated an R/C vehicle, and I have never flown a helicopter before.

I recently purchased a Shuang Ma DH9116. I don't know nearly as much about helicopters as any of you guys, and there are much better helicopters out there for sure. But I didn't want to fork out $300 or $400 on a helicopter when I don't even know what I'm doing yet. I figured for $79 what do I have to lose? A 4-channel heli for 80 bucks is pretty amazing and I thought would be a good begginer heli for me. I can always move up later when I get better, right?

I do have a techinical question about the heli. I ordered it for x-mas and it arrived 2 days ago. I have spent the last 2 days trying get it dialed in. when I flew it for the first time, it didn't get more than a foot off the ground and I immediatly noticed it was drifting hard to the left, a little bit in reverse and also a little rotation to the right. After a few trim adjustents, I got it to fly pretty straight and level. This heli comes with an LCD programmable controller as some of you may already know. After figuring out the correct scale for the aile/elev & rudd trim settings that I need to convert to program them in to the box. It turns out my aile trim needs to be set to 45 R (on a 0-120 scale), which corresponds to the 5 clicks R on the manual setting. The problem is, the heli left flies much easier than it right flies. in other words, it doesn't tilt as far to the right as it does to the left. Does anybody know how I can fix that?

Thanks,

Mike
Majic1 is offline Find More Posts by Majic1