Thread: Question Double horse 9116 Heli
View Single Post
Old Dec 23, 2011, 03:50 AM
Find More Posts by stormforce
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
yep, you'll be ok I bet. Maybe it's just me, but I won't try to use my Walkera 22e CP without training gear on, it's just scary the head speed it has, as opposed to the sedate head speed of the Double Horse heli's, but the walkera's blades are twice the length and not pitched like the DH heli's so they need the headspeed.

I've found the heli's orientation in the sky is considerably better in real life than on a sim, I reckon it's the 3d depth perception as opposed to the 2d on a computer screen.

Have you considered purchasing a micro 3.5ch heli to get the feel with? or are you going to jump right in with the 450 sized one? I started with a micro co-axial, then went to the DH9101 450 sized co-axial, but I wanted more forward speed but didn't have the confidence for a 4ch, so got a DH9100, loved the speed, but not the lack of precise control, so now I'm on the DH9116 and loving it, soon, maybe a couple of months into next year I'll try again with the walkera and be more successful in keeping it airbourne than I have been.

Mick.
stormforce is offline Find More Posts by stormforce
Last edited by stormforce; Dec 23, 2011 at 03:59 AM.