Thread: Build Log CMP Spitfire 50 - 54"
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2011, 01:18 AM
Find More Posts by capteasy
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
2,140 Posts
Hi RandomB'....welcome back.
I still consider myself a new guy with only 3 years RC flying, but love scale. I had a great time converting this airplane to electric and adding custom scale mods. I hate to admit it still has not flown.. I did some ground tests and it did well but my sliding canopy and modified battery hatch wouldn't remain attached during motor test runups. Runway surface conditons, poor weather & distractions crept in so it still has not flown. Anyway I need to get back to it and get it in the air - it's on my to do list.

To answer your question, the fuse has plywood formers but since mine has not flown I can't reply to any flexing but do not recall any mention to that fact throughout the thread. As far as glow - that's what it was designed for, but I'm again not familiar and can't help much.

I sounds like you're very familiar with the Spitfire. All I can say is I think it's a pretty close scale profile but not perfect. I compared several ARF's and it was the best looking ARF for my money to say the least.

I hope this helps...maybe some of the old sticks will add their thoughts.

Good luck, I hope you'll let us know what you decide.

Dick
capteasy is online now Find More Posts by capteasy