View Single Post
Old Dec 19, 2011, 02:54 PM
Find More Posts by nogas
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
746 Posts
I cant comment on the skysurfer as i've had no experience with it but i have a bixler and looked into the option of the RTF kit.

Firstly, I would be wary of relying on HK's quoted restocking times. I waited 2 months for the Bixler on backorder in our local warehouse and eventually cancelled and ordered direct from the Main warehouse. I have had it now for about 2 weeks and there is still no sign of stock arriving in the local warehouse. (over 3 months)

If you plan on doing FPV eventually, i think you'd probably be better off buying the ARF version of the bixler and then getting a quality brand 6 ch radio. I would not rely on the HK radio for any long range stuff and the extra 2 channels will allow you the option of pan / tilt on your camera which is a cool function. Or spoilerons / flaperons which is handy with FPV.

The charger supplied with the RTF version is crap (if your lucky enough to get one that works). You'd be better off spending $20 on a B6 (or copy) from HK.

The Bixlers are known to fly alot better with a 2200 3S, while the 1300 3S would eventually be good for your onboard FPV camera, transmitter power supply, they dont balance so well with the supplied 1300 as a flight battery , so you'd be up for a new battery straight up.

If the skysurfer comes with a decent radio and charger, it might be a better option in the RTF version.

My 2c, good luck with the purchase which ever way you go.
nogas is offline Find More Posts by nogas