View Single Post
Old Dec 18, 2011, 10:36 AM
Find More Posts by Tim Marks
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougbo View Post
Thanks for the reply Tim. I'm not sure wires with PowerPoles on the ends would be any more dangerous than exposed male Deans connectors sticking up in the air. Of course it could leave the factory with a bit of heat shrink on the ends of the wires just like some LiPo batteries. I do understand your concern for safety. Perhaps it should only be sold through a build to order process for special users?

I know PowerPoles are in the minority so I can go the adapter route if that is what it takes. Of course, adapters add to the expense of the MPA solution. I have a small fortune in Safe Parallel balance adapters so I will use both solutions for the foreseeable future.

Thumbs up for making the PL8 / PL6 an even better charging solution.

Doug B.

Hi:

Sorry, perhaps I misunderstood your request. I thought you were asking for the MPA to be supplied with bare wire outputs so that customers could add their own connectors. If we were to install the connector options, that would be safe. But if we supplied bare wire, we're depending on the customer to solder on appropriate connectors on all output channels. Un-terminated bare wires would be able to short much easier than Deans Ultra connectors, IMO.

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline Find More Posts by Tim Marks