View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2011, 05:26 PM
Find More Posts by Get Real
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,147 Posts
Dleep Thanks,its not difficult to get a plane this size down to 5oz or less and mid to low 4oz is fairly easy to. Under 4oz will take a little work and component selections helps a lot with that. I used what i had but there is lighter power stuff out there to get the next plane this size under 4oz.

Seojeff,t-motor 1804 outrunner,7x3.5 gws prop,turnigy plush 6amp esc,rc pro packs 220mah 2s 25c lipo,power hd 6g servo on ailerons,4.4 power hd's on the tail but ive swapped one of them out for the dsm 44 6g servo on elevator and will probably do the same on rudder. Im still trying various equipment on the plane but 4 to 4 1/2oz or less should be easy to achieve by average builders with similar gear. I didnt shorten wires or run micro tube carbon or pull controls or anything to really get the weight lower than 4oz but if i left off the landing gear and did a few little things i could maybe get it just under 4oz... i like landing gear to much for the looks and something for the plane to rest on when its not flying though so its staying on.
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Simplecopter New Mini T-Copter