View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2011, 01:18 AM
Find More Posts by Isoprop
Joined Nov 2010
2,864 Posts
In the beginning...

I would like to take this opportunity to specially thank Tom for all the hard work that he has done, and is continuing doing, for this camera.

He contacted me a few months ago and asked me if I would consider writing a configuration utility (GUI) for the upcoming #16 (#11 plus/ultra/ultimate/elite etc. at that time).
I was absolutely delighted as this would be a change to my daily work programming gigantic, ultra complicated and messy applications.

After a few months of silence, the developer was almost ready. OMG, I was taken almost by surprise . From then on, things went very fast indeed. Luckily I could use the time-setting programs that I had previously written for the #11 as a base.
I went thru many beta versions, and Tom was more than helpful. Actually, most of the current layout is based on his ideas. We discussed a LOT of different options. The program's appearance may not be to everyone's likes - no skins and the like... But it's functional! We decided on a larger font for the sake of ease of reading, and we spent a long time on deciding on the colors. And there were those darn ToolTips, and the integrated Help, and, and, and.

Of course it's possible to set the parameters using a text editor, like Tom initially did, but that method can be error prone. It also requires a bit of computer knowledge.

At this point I must mention the developer and everyone (that's YOU and I) who participated in Tom's previous #11 thread. The developer listened to us all! He most probably read almost every post in Tom's #11 thread and realized what a great camera he had already produced. There was no stopping him incorporating the most requested features into his new, the #16, camera. So THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

As a last note, which is just an assumption, I suspect that the resources (memory) must be pretty much depleted, so I doubt if it's possible to add any more code-intensive functionality to the camera. Of course, if more parameters can be added, I'll also modify the configuration utility.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Last edited by Isoprop; Dec 16, 2011 at 04:16 AM.