View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2011, 02:06 AM
Find More Posts by A.T.
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 40:31 View Post
Thank you GMB48. And the Hitec guy couldn't tell me that? AND I get an attitude from him.VERY surprising and disappointing that the Hitec guy had such little professionalism, and that he refused to answer such a simple question. Is it wrong that I should be suspicious of them withholding such information?
Your profile does not disclose country of origin, nor to whether you were talking to the authorised distributor
for your region or a subsidiary outlet which would not have access to particulars.

Null Zone aka Dead Band issue - Dead (does not apply to any Aurora 9 issued after April 2010.)

Information on obtaining date of manufacture has been provided several times previously, for example:
. RCU post Aurora Version Number
. RCG Aurora Version Number 20Jul11,
quote in part only:
"Switch on, "Ready to Transmit" appears, select "No", then:
. Select [Settings = Spanner Icon] > [INFO] which reveals user information, includes:
"Version : Ver. 1.07" (01Oct10) has all the latest physical changes and is easily updated with HPP-22 by user.
Product ID : 000*******
(ID register is kept by Hitec RCD Factory, and the few distributors that may keep their own record to link to the serial number)

Ver. 1.08(1)" is the latest firmware available and will not be on any shelf as yet unless system updated by retailer
Within the battery compartment there maybe two indicators:
1. A small "dot" will simply show say 0910 = made October 2009.
Unfortunately, the small date of manufacture "dot" sticker may get dislodged with frequent battery removal/replacement for charging or be removed to hide age of a second hand unit.
. This system changed from "date" to a Dot of different colour for each production run,
mid 2011 as pictured.

2. Serial number. This is used for tracking/service purposes by manufacturer and
relative country of origin distributor only.
Like so many other products today, no warranty here if serial number is missing, damaged (illegible).

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Last edited by A.T.; Apr 14, 2012 at 07:36 PM. Reason: add jpg transceivers