Old Dec 10, 2011, 02:20 PM
Find More Posts by Boomer1
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hircsailor View Post
Boomer Thanks for the heads up on a new RTS builder/supplier to most of us. Like
Martin has said in a different post a lot of builder/suppliers are not known to most sailors. I will have to look at his web site. From what you have said his prices are really in the ball park for most new sailors.
As a matter of general interest, I just received a new Blackstar 36". I asked Chris leave the electronics out and not to rig it so I could add my own hardware and electronics. I hope to be completing the boat in the few next months, then doing my own testing to determine how this very nice looking boat performs. I have heard reports of it being quite fast. Time will tell.

Since this is tech thread, if anyone is interested, once I have some definitive information, I will provide it.

I took one picture of the boat just after removing it from the box. She sure looks fast. The sail set looks good too.

I am always looking for new boats - and am happy to report on them as they are discovered.

Merry Christmas

Boomer

[url]http://blackstaryacht.com/

Description and Specs:
Fathead main and overall look similar to the round the world Volvo boats. Designed to be very fast and a serious racing model built for performance. The keel is removable in just seconds, as is the rudder. The boat uses a double spreader rigged carbon fiber mast. Can be ordered RTR or equipped the way you want it.
General Specifications
length 36 In.
Sail Area 600 Sq., In.
Weight 5 lbs.
draft 16 In.
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Last edited by Boomer1; Jan 14, 2012 at 09:37 AM. Reason: added specs