View Single Post
Old Dec 08, 2011, 04:43 AM
Find More Posts by Wayne Giles
Rugby, UK
Joined Feb 2007
1,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP73 View Post
To me it looks like they are selling their 55C packs at different C ratings for a lower price, if you think about it, we shouldn't be really complaining about this...
GP,

Agreed, I was thinking that we should look at the 25C GA and think how good it is; I actually ran a full discharge at 30C and it just about coped with it. On the other hand the 55C pack collapsed at 35C.
Modern lipos are very good, I just wish the C ratings actually meant something.
We shouldn't be too critical overall, it may be a case of the optomistic /pessimistic view - "glass half-full/glass half empty".

Biskit,

Thanks for kind words about the meter. Some suppliers are honest enough about lipos; ProgressiveRC actually publish the measured IR values of their packs and the FOM calculated from the value. (see David Gray's post above.)
Here in the UK, the supplier I referred to above who volunteered their GensAce stock for scrutiny was Giant Cod. Even more impressive they told me, before testing, to analyse and publish the results however they turned out. They have always told me that whenever I am testing, whether they have supplied the pack or I have bought it myself, not necessarily from them.

Wayne
Wayne Giles is offline Find More Posts by Wayne Giles