Plans, tools and more workspace
So I made two copies at Staples. $5 something each not bad. Didn't know they did that in the store. I want to save the quality of the original plan I got.
Some tools I picked up:
1) 12 inch metal ruler corked back (Harbor Freight)
2) x-acto knife pink edition (Michaels) CFO picked out the color. Thought it was "cute"
3) Master Airscrew Stripper ($7-8 tower hobbies)
4) Master Airscrew Planer ($7-8 tower hobbies)
5) Great planes 5.5" hand sander (Hobby People about $7 I think. receipt lost on arrival)
6) sewing cutting mat (free MIL is a seamstress)
7) Carbon paper ($17 or so at Staples for a bunch ton of carbon paper)
8) Poster board (free already had from son's school project)
Taped the original plan on wall and cut out roughly parts from copy. Using carbon paper traced onto poster board to use as template. Got the ribs template (actually rib because they are all the same size) cut first. Made rudder, fin, stabilizer, elevator templates on poster board.
Don't want to take credit for all these ideas. Cracksmeup here was feeding me some tips