View Single Post
Old Dec 04, 2011, 09:03 AM
Find More Posts by rossdogarr
United States, CA, Palm Springs
Joined Jan 2003
205 Posts
I am going to revise my prior comments on this kit. After having bought one and raved about it initially I am now very unhappy with the heli. It flew great for about 10 flights and then everything started to fail within the rotating assemblies. First I noticed unusual noises coming from the gears and upon examination the gears are wearing out on me very quickly. Secondly the previously mentioned bearing failures are clearly an issue as mine have ALL failed now. Overall, aftre looking at everything that has failed and the cost to replace the parts with higher end reliable parts from Align I am of the opinion that a buyer is better off simply buying an Align product initially and saving all of the trouble that WILL happen with the HK heli eventually. I am dismayed that the heli failed mainly because I would imagine many newbies will buy this kit as opposed to an Align product due to the price and then become disenchanted with the hobby as the heli slowly falls apart on them. Rule of thumb here? You WILL get what you pay for. In my opinion the HK heli is just cheap knock off junk.
rossdogarr is offline Find More Posts by rossdogarr