Old Dec 02, 2011, 11:30 AM
Lee
Find More Posts by Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,909 Posts
One of the modifications of the Albatross is the Q-Plane design I did years ago. If you are new to our designs this one will put a smile on your face. The Albatross is more stable but I have to admit the Q-plane is fun to fly. I was flying on a clear day and got sucked up by a thermal over a parking lot one day with the plane in the video. It nearly went out of sight straight up with the motor off.

This plane has an elevator built on the back of the wing and it is flown only with that elevator and the rudder. It does not have ailerons although they could easily be set up if you are going to make the modification.

This is a modification that could be done to either the Albatross or the Pelican.

The Eagle designs were fun and got a lot of attention but it didn't fly quite as good as the basic Q-Plane. I think the big difference was the weight of all the paint. The weight did add up to get the look I wanted. Like all planes these planes fly better if they are light.

This video is a prototype test where I was making trim adjustments to the elevator.

Q-Eagle Concept RC Plane (3 min 16 sec)

This video is the trainer version that will even thermal on a warm day. I also shot some video of power slope flying thousands of feet above the valley where I live.

Q Trainer at Squaw Peak and Park (4 min 59 sec)

This video is is slope flying with my Eagle version on the same mountain slope.

RC Q- Eagle flying at Squaw Peak Lookout (4 min 12 sec)
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Last edited by Lee; Dec 02, 2011 at 11:41 AM.