View Single Post
Old Dec 01, 2011, 09:33 PM
Find More Posts by Peter Mack
Mack
Australia, VIC, Mentone
Joined Jun 2004
565 Posts
My bipe is from Hobby King and it has been languishing on my bench for about a year. It has their usual 5 gram outrunner that unfortunately arrived with a bent shaft which I have managed to bend back to fair straightness. Still gives a little vibration though. I have bought lots of gear from HK and this is the only instance where things have been unsatisfactory so I can't complain. I have made the common mod of cutting off the fin/rudder and fixing it to the lower fuselage. The wing struts are glued to the upper wing but are attached to the lower wing by bendy wire U pieces that fit through the strut plates and holes in the wing that are reinforced with 1/64 ply. By unbending the wires, the upper wing and fuselage can be easily removed togther giving access to the RC gear, etc. I'm sure that something like this (or better) would be described in this enormous thread, but I'm too lazy to read through it all! The weight of my version is about 55 grams with a 2s 120mah battery (probably change to 200mah later). The servos are a mix of a HK 2.5 gm and 1.7 gm linear I happened to have spare. I will report on maiden.

ps I hope it flies as well as the HK Cessna that I converted to biplane mode some time ago: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...118365&page=37 (see post 551)
Peter Mack is offline Find More Posts by Peter Mack
Last edited by Peter Mack; Dec 02, 2011 at 03:00 AM. Reason: ps