View Single Post
Old Dec 01, 2011, 06:31 AM
Find More Posts by Sundancer
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,996 Posts
Ah, I see Brian - clearly you are a professional model starter! I sympathise, I used to be as bad if not worse, I always had several part built models hanging around the workshop. These were all sold or given away when we moved to France and since then I have been very strict with myself and won't start another model until the current project has flown. It seems to work, in the first threef years we were here I didn't build anything, just flew and maintained the models I had brought over with me whilst doing all the renovation work on the house, however, since getting started on the building board again I have managed 12 completed and flown radio models in two years, which is about as many as I have ever built in that sort of time. One thing I have noticed is that the elapsed time of the build doesn't seem to vary very much, with vintage models at least, with the size of the model - e.g. the 30 inch Eastbourne Monoplane took just as long as the 60 inch Spartan. It is the fiddly bits that take the time!!
Sundancer is online now Find More Posts by Sundancer