View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2011, 04:48 PM
Find More Posts by bjue
NorCal
Joined Nov 2009
486 Posts
I'm in too, I have to defend my last place finish!

For those of you that haven't been to this contest before, here are some tips that I learned last year to help your standings in the contest:
  • Don't get flat tires, but if you do, get them on Friday, like Matt, so you can get them fixed before the contest starts instead of on Saturday like I did. (I didn't realize these guys were so competitive )
  • If you are driving a car that you bought used, at some point, make sure you have a lug nut wrench.
  • If you don't have a lug nut wrench, try and catch one of the other pilots before they leave the hotel for the field.
  • If you don't catch one of the other pilots make sure you have someone's cell phone number, or... belong to an auto club.
  • When you go to get your tires fixed, make sure that you didn't put your wallet with ID, money, and credit cards into a bag and leave it in someone else's car.
  • If you do leave your wallet in someone else's car and don't find out until you're at the tire place, try and talk the tire people into letting you keep your place in line while you go and get your wallet.
  • If you don't keep your place in line, you won't make it back to the field until 1:30-2:00pm, and you won't have enough drop rounds to help you.
  • Lastly, if you brought a backup plane, make sure it is flyable before the contest starts, if not, make sure you don't "tree" your plane in the AULD round.

I had a great time!

Brian
bjue is offline Find More Posts by bjue