Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:57 AM
Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
8,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
So this is the first case in which the APC outperforms the Xoar in the thrust department, yes? Given the nature of 3D flight the APC should give better performance all around.
That's what it looks like. When I first got the data from Frank, I was scratching my head because the 15x8 data from Lee did not show this at 1/2 throttle, although the readings were very close. Franks was also not able to take RPM readings because of the low light conditions, so my intent is to rerun all readings for the 16x8 along with the 16x6 Vox test, but I will have to do it on the Motrolfly because we don't have the 500Kv Torque.

Regarding the top end performance... I think the visual video of the pullout from hover will determine, for each individual pilot, how worthwhile the top end performance really is. My feeling is that this will be a very subjective decision, and if guys see a big difference, they may not care as much about the minor difference in the lower setting data. This is where the flight visuals can really override the graph data display conclusions.
Aeroplayin is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplayin