Old Nov 28, 2011, 04:03 PM
Find More Posts by sonny1
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hance View Post
Thanks for the video. The launch is really what worries me more than anything. I live at 5600 feet above sea level and it can make hand launching a lot of things interesting to say the least. I have a Ritewing Demon that I hand launch and it scares me to death every time I do. If I go down closer to sea level hand launches are a piece of cake. The plane has a 40 inch wing span and weighs right at 70 ounces. If you can make it past the first two seconds your in great shape, the plane does fast really well but doesn't do slow at all.
I keep forgetting to mention that I live and fly at sea level, (some consider that cheating, but it is what it is). A friend of mine here on RCG lives at 5000' and he has had problems with launching edf's because of that, (not the EF-16 though), finally he started going to the top of a hill and launching down the slope to gain enough energy to get the plane airborne. After that though his plane flew fine. You might consider a bungee launch system like the one that comes with the Great Planes Evader, but due to the low wing loading of the EF-16 I suspect that you will be fine; just warm up that arm! Keep us posted on your progress and we'll help all we can.

Sonny
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1