Old Nov 28, 2011, 01:49 PM
Find More Posts by sonny1
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hance View Post
I have started reading bits and pieces of that thread too. When the sale showed up I did a quick search for the plane. As soon as I seen there was tens of thousands of posts about the plane I knew it would be ok with out reading many of them. The biggest thing I will have to get used to is not having instant throttle response. I fly some fairly high performance planes but all of them have props.
Yes, edf's are a little different, especially when hand launching. Make sure you launch outward with a slightly nose up attitude, but don't toss it up or it will stall. I'll attach a video of me launching mine, (your results may vary as I use a Wicked 4800kv motor on a Hyperflow fan; a little hotter than the stock set up...3S though). The EF-16 flies better than most sport planes, extremely stable and easy to fly. Coming upwind into a breeze you can go dead stick and just glide it in for a landing. Mine comes in at 22 oz AUW w/ an Enerland 25C 2200mah lipo. You might consider looking at some of Morgan RC's after market stuff for the plane, I use the screw mounts on mine and love them, (easy access to the power system): http://www.morganmill.com/RC/index.html. And, here's that vid: Sonny

6-20-11 Phase 3 EF-16 foggy day flight (very foggy!)! (2 min 57 sec)
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1