Thread: Discussion Sky Surfer aka Bixler FPV
View Single Post
Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:11 AM
Find More Posts by ilovefpv
Joined Jun 2011
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalCAM View Post
Steve -- Adding external power through the usb port just extends your battery life, You don't really need it. I did like "Wirewolf" said. The 2.5mm plug that you plug into the bottom port of the GoPro has 4 wires. I just use the video and ground. You don't need the red (power) and I don't even use the audio (yellow) but you can if you want audio. I just use the video (orange) and the ground (brown). The ground has to be tied into the ground for your Tx power and the video into the Tx video line. GoPro battery will record and put out "LiveView" easily for well over an hour (they advertise 2.5 hours, but I've never tried to run one down). I have multiple batteries for when the need arises. You can buy extra battery and ac charger for $14 shipped. I know that sounds silly cheap, but i can't tell the difference in life, from the original to the replacements. I just pop one out, and put another in. -- JOHN http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wall-Charger...item20bee200b0
Hmmm - I'm still debugging this, but at the moment here's what's going on.

I've got the GoPro in the LiveFeed mode out and I can use this with my large screen LCD living room TV with no problem. However when I plug the GoPro video feed either directly into the portable DVD player or via the 5.8G link it is almost like the DVD player can't establish a sync... You can kind of see the image, but there is no frame lock...

So, I'm not sure if this is an issue with my DVD player or something else. I'm going to see if I can borrow a neighbor's DVD player to confirm this...
ilovefpv is offline Find More Posts by ilovefpv