View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2011, 01:21 PM
Find More Posts by Thomas B
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,906 Posts
Actually I was avoiding posting more pictures of the stock HobbyKing model....the decals ruin the model, in my opinion....

They really should have done scale markings, not a blatant HobbyKing advertisement.

I do not think there is anything magic about the three blade prop they suggest. It does ahve a good bit of pitch and area, which contributes to some of the reported tendancy for the torque to put a wingtip in the water when the throttle is advanced.

I plan on using a 2 blade APC, likely with a different motor. I think the stock 10A ESC will go as well...I would like something more like 150 watts in a seaplane like this and will need a 15-18 amp ESC.

Will add a couple of HTX500 servos for the flaps, as I have a number of them on hand.

Also planning on adding a little bit of extra volume to the sponson, to assist in tipping issues in crosswinds. (Sponsons never scale well)

Here are some pics of my model, partly assembled and decals stripped away to a bare white airframe, ready for more correct scale markings.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Thomas B; Nov 19, 2011 at 01:32 PM.