View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2011, 02:40 PM
Find More Posts by Mike_Then
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
7,538 Posts
Got the fuselage last night. The outside shipping carton looked like it was through the wringer but RC Aerodyne knows what they are doing... the fuse was triple boxed and the contents were flawless. Unpacked everything and the only issue was that I'm missing the scale cockpit kit... everything else was there and individually wrapped/bagged and in perfect shape. I've already dispatched a request to RC Aerodyne to have them ship me the cockpit kit. Not like I'm really missing it, but it's the principle of the thing... I paid for it, it's supposed to be part of it, you know?

Anyway, the instructions are lacking but I was able to complete the first part, which is to build the wooden frame that the landing skids and mechanics mount to. I built the front/back and the main frame, and set them aside to dry. I also glued a couple of the missiles together. That's about all I had time for last night but I did take pictures and hope to post them tonight.

My initial question is how to join the front fuselage to the tail (it's in two pieces). I guess glue it, once everything is positioned correctly?

When opening a support ticket with RC Aerodyne, I saw they had a manual on the product page... never noticed that before in all the times I looked at it so I downloaded/printed it. It's MUCH better than the manual that came with the fuse and can't wait to work on it tonight.
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then