Old Nov 17, 2011, 07:40 AM
Find More Posts by RJKIRK
Columbus Ohio.
Joined Aug 2006
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb View Post
to all Foamie RCGroupers,

I have just started using a Dow product called High Performance Underlayment (lay flat fan fold). It is the same thickness as Protecion Board III, but is skinned on both sides, smooth, and very flat. Along with no printing directly on the foam. It is also cut instead of folded. This is very high quality material, and is considered a premium product at Allied Building Supply. A single 200 sq. ft. bundle is $50, with a price break for quantity down to about $46 a bundle. The only improvement that I would make to this product is that it would come in white. This material is manufactered by Adams as well.

Ken
Keep up the good work dz1sfb. I'm interested in learning more about this High Performance Underlayment. What is the thickness?

Also...bundling may not be an issue if the material is cut into separate pieces. It's the folding of the long continuous foam that introduces all the curvature into the sheets.

I notice we have an Allied Building supply here in Columbus.
I'm going to take a spin down there and see if they have they stock the High Performance Underlayment product.
RJKIRK is offline Find More Posts by RJKIRK