View Single Post
Old Nov 11, 2011, 09:34 AM
Find More Posts by KNUFFAN
Salt Lake City
Joined Feb 2005
89 Posts
After many flights over the last couple of days on my 18" Bowker Yak I can definitely say this plane is a MUST HAVE if you have already bought a UMX Extra and found it a bit underwhelming. I really don't dislike the Extra at all, in fact I thought, for what it is, its a great little plane! After the bit bigger size and equal weight of the CB Yak, it is apparent Chris hit the nail on the head for power to weight and wing loading. The fits on all the parts are perfect. The kit goes together well and the build thread on this forum is wonderful for guidance.
I realize I sound a bit nutty about this little plane. I have been away from competitive flying (pattern) and sport flying in general for some time. Now, coming back to all of this and seeing what strides have been made in little radios, motors, batteries and the designers like Chris who have taken advantage of all of it, I am very excited to be involved again.

Do yourself a favor, strip the gear out of your 4-Site or Extra, order up one of these 18" or 22" Yaks and plan on having a blast this winter flying a really great, well though out little plane

Guy
KNUFFAN is offline Find More Posts by KNUFFAN