View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2011, 12:21 AM
Find More Posts by bellyup
Australia, NSW
Joined Jul 2011
92 Posts
Mike, really enjoyed the vid. I haven't seen too many but of the couple I've seen usually shows unmodded 182s and 185s taking nosedives and wingovers in the water. But watching yours I'm convinced I need to try out floats now on the 182. I was going to get a 185 but the only ones available in Aus are being sold at over $300 so I'll stick with another 182 and will have to read this thread from scratch again, noting all the mods to make this thing perform well off water. I've got a good sized lake nearby to have a go at and it's getting warm enough here now that if the plane ends up stranded in the middle I can swim to retrieve. Or chuck my son in.

panamarenko, yours looks great. I like the antennae, the spinner and are they tinted windows I like its stance on the ground there. The sprung front strut on our newer one makes the nose way too high and its not that great quality. I've read good reviews on the DSR line of retracts and struts and will look into that. For the meantime, on our land based 182, we'll just stick with a solid unsprung strut with plenty of reinforcement on the firewall. plus I've got a 3" rubber wheel now to help cushion the landings. Not exactly scale like and pants will be removed and will stay off. We only fly off grass so it's not worth having the pants on, though the fibreglass ones will look good IMO and be better suited. Anyhow, great job on your plane.
bellyup is offline Find More Posts by bellyup