View Single Post
Old Nov 08, 2011, 03:37 PM
Find More Posts by Donky73
Nederland, OV, Zwolle
Joined Jun 2011
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoJay View Post
Henrik, That is $379 USD. That for a 70mm bird this size is not bad but when it lands in the US it will be about $100 more than that plus shipping that will probably be around $30-$35 in addition to that from the US vendor. So now this RTF foamy will be a $500 investment. Not trying to argue but rather give you an insight to what the US buyers will be paying and where we are coming from. The kit will probably be around $250-$300 to our door. In contrast I paid $274 for my SU-34 PnP to my door from China. Since the purchase of my SU-34 the option of ordering planes like it from China has vanished due to exclussivity pacts that the companies make with US vendors. So in some aspects the non-US fliers do have benefits over us at least in price. If I could get a PnP for what you will be able to get a PnP I might opt for that choice but it just wont happen.

Jason
I see what you mean, but we in europe are not better off then you guys in the US...for instance, if I wanna buy something from hobbyking I pay twice as much including shipping as you do in some cases. So buying a kit is not often the best or even good option.

Not to say we are all victims, as long as I can make my own choices I'm no victim at all, but the only way to go around this problem is contracting suppliers on a powersetup for example.
Donky73 is offline Find More Posts by Donky73