View Single Post
Old Nov 06, 2011, 02:08 PM
Find More Posts by panamarenko
Switzerland-Europe
Joined Apr 2007
431 Posts
my 182 without floats

Hi Mike, hi all,
nice clip, it's a very nice place to fly, did you add more mods on your floats?.

I got a 1 version Cessna, a real disaster, I have changed all the linkages and the wings connections, lot's of work...., I tried it with floats, not bad but CG had to to be reworked.
Tricycle landing gear: recently I decided to try it on wheels, the front strut wood plate collapsed after a smoth landing on asphalt ,
this plane is really full of issues in the mains stuctural points.

I have rebuilt the entire strut fixation with ply wood, like BELLYUP. I have changed the stock strut with a DSR46 front gear with suspension, it works wonderfully.
The original wire fits exactly in, no need to add work on it.
I lowered the high of the rear alloy struts, for more scale look and better CG position on taking off.
I have changed the wheels axles and all the foam wheels, they where bad centered.

Now it lands an looks more like a scale Cessna, but I have to work more on the finishing, painting, decals and lights.....I have ordered a new set of fiberglass wheel pants from:

http://www.fiberglassspecialtiesinc.com/wheelp.htm

The pic shows the stock ones.

Plane flyes well, stable and smoth, it's a pity for the poor RTF version they are selling. Just buy it as a kit!!!
panamarenko is offline Find More Posts by panamarenko