View Single Post
Old Nov 05, 2011, 12:28 PM
Find More Posts by celltech
Joined Jul 2007
42 Posts
I am done with the Barfs. I have seen too many planes with wings fold, landing gear ripped out, fuel tanks come apart soaking the insides.You are playing Russian Roulet with the Barf scene. Why spend good money for Chinese garbage? My last plane, a Hangar Nine Toledo Special had major issues. Took several hours of work on the Cowl just to get it to align correctly. During taxi out on first flight the rear wheel assembly collapsed. Had to remove the covering to fix it correctly. Next flight the fuel tank leaked through out. Now I have a Balsa sponge. Model before that was a Great Planes UCAN Do. Main landing gear collapsed upon greasing it in on its first maiden. This was on a smooth asphalt runway. Gear and pants went right through the Monokoted wing. Speaking of Monokote. The covering that came on the UCAN Do was like a wrinkled old Prune. Took hours trying to get all of the wrinkles out. I eventually did but burned a half a dozen holes in the process. I am tired of having to spend more time on making an ARF flyable then it does for me to build a kit. I am now back to building where I started, and much happier
celltech is offline Find More Posts by celltech