View Single Post
Old Oct 30, 2011, 01:00 PM
Find More Posts by Reef_rc
Joined May 2011
621 Posts
R.I.P

May my brief but fun Super Stearman rest in. She was a looker but had internal issue which was the cause of her demise.

-----------------------------

Short story, used the watt meter and amp was 30 - 32 AMP WOT. Thought maybe my timer was too long and there reduced flight time down to 6 minutes. Flew her a few times yesterday without issues. Flew her again 1 time this morning but 2nd time power went out again as I was heading to take her in for a landing. Hard landing on gravel and bump on concert block broke the bottom wingand motor mount. Landing gear also broke loose. I am definitely not a happy camper. I seemed to had servo control when she went down but she was going down so fast I couldn't get her to glide to slow down. I also tried restarting ESC in case the ESC shut her down but I didn't get any power back. It was only after the crash when I tested the motor again that the motor spinned again. I am pretty sure it's an ESC now. Looking hindsight, I wished I had changed the ESC as I had planned...somewhere 40-45 AMP to be sure instead of the 35 AMP (30-32 is too closed for my comfort).
Reef_rc is offline Find More Posts by Reef_rc