View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2011, 08:09 AM
Find More Posts by perttime
Tampere, Finland
Joined Nov 2004
4,462 Posts
Discussion
Control Line Team Racer plans and pictures

I've been finding, and posting, Team Racer plans, drawings and photos in various places. Just yesterday I found some material that is totally new to me, and thought it would be nice to have a lot of that stuff in one place. So now I'm starting this thread.

I mainly like the look of designs from 1950s to 1970s, and will mainly be posting material from that period.

Please feel free to post what you have, whether it is from those decades or not.

EDIT:
Some of the links that I've been visiting:
Barton Model Flying Club: UK, forum and gallery, worldwide participation
Control Line Aircraft Modellers of Frankston: Australia, rules, descriptions, pictures, newsletters...
Australian Control Line Nostalgia
Andrew and Lance’s Classic T/R Site
Lance's Control Line Racing Site
Göran Olsson's CL site
Microaeronautics: old site is getting worn out: parts are falling off along the edges!
National Control Line Racing Association: USA
U-Control 2000: Italian
AŃOS DORADOS DE CARRERAS: Spanish TR thread on RCModelistas.es

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
What is Team Racing?
"""""""
Race three or four models simultaneously in one circle, limit the size of their fueltanks to force refuelling stops during the race, and the result is a Teamrace.
"""""""
http://dkd.net/clmodels/racing.html

After a countdown from 5 seconds, the "pit men" start engines and launch models. During flight, passing must be done over the slower ones. Once fuel runs out or pilot activates a cutoff, the pilot lands hot enough not to waste time but not so hot that the pit man cannot catch the plane. Refuel, restart, launch. Repeat until you have flown the right number of laps.
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Now, a few pretty pictures to get started.

1965 FAI class racer by Gerry Hand of Ireland

Australian Classic B class "Galaxie" owned by Rob Fry

British Vintage 1/2A class racer. I have no more details on this one.

I'll be back.
perttime is offline Find More Posts by perttime
Last edited by perttime; Nov 01, 2011 at 04:41 AM.