Old Oct 24, 2011, 07:15 PM
Find More Posts by how much
United Kingdom, England, Wigan
Joined Jul 2011
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb View Post
David,

A good aileron trainer is certainly needed as a foamie scratchbuilt. Glad you took it on. Your design has some classic looks. I would like to some landing gear if possible. Its one thing that makes you feel like a real plane is to be able to take off and land and takeoff again without assistance from your arm. I like your plans presentation also.

Keep up the good work,
Ken
thanks Ken,

glad you like it, anyone looking for an "extreme" or 3D model need not bother, this model is a pussy cat to fly, the rolls i did on the video were "stick rammed in the corner" and are its max. it just has that "feels right" sort of performance, it doesnt need dual rates or expo or anything else to make it fly. the design wasn't based on anything in particular but a mish mash of elements of some classic models.

i have just tonight fitted a set of wheels to the second prototype i built for the blog, and have almost finished the covering and trim...

undercart is a simple bent piece of wire and the wheels are really lightweight that i made out of depron.

cant wait to show you number 2 now she is nearly finished

watch this thread!

David
how much is online now Find More Posts by how much
Last edited by how much; Oct 24, 2011 at 07:24 PM.