Find More Posts by wolfewinde
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined May 2011
1,665 Posts
Discussion
All Things GWS

Heya Guys,

Thought I would start a "GWS" thread for those of us who are flying these planes again. Seems like most of the GWS threads are very old and have not been used for a while.

I would guess that a lot of people fairly new to the hobby have no experience with any of these planes, but with some them coming out now in the new EPO foam, perhaps that will change.

There was a time a few years ago when nearly everyone at the flying fields had at least one GWS air plane, and they make some very good park flyers if you build them right.

I have flown most of their models at some point - most back when I first got into the hobby about 10 years ago. A lot of us really learned the how to fly on these airplanes.

With the cheap Chinese electronics now, you can build a lot of these airplanes for under 100 bucks - pretty reasonable for a plane that is likely to fly very well.

Perhaps some others will chime in here and we can see who is still flying these plane. I would also hope that some of the "Building Tricks" will be posted here that many of have learned over time.

I still fly a very old Pico Moth, which I still think is one the best beginner airplanes on the market. They fly pretty slowly and are tough enough to take some abuse.

I also just build another Moth 400 which flys superbly - not a bad aileron trainer since it just has ailerons on the lower wings.

And I just ordered a Stearman - another of my favorite planes from the past - and am starting to put together a Formosa - the smaller one - which has been sitting in a box for several years now.

Who else is still flying these airplanes?

Wolfe
wolfewinde is offline Find More Posts by wolfewinde
Last edited by wolfewinde; Oct 23, 2011 at 10:32 PM.