View Single Post
Old Oct 18, 2011, 09:44 PM
Find More Posts by Dkumagai
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2011
286 Posts
Hey folks,

Long time reader, first time poster. First, I'd like to thank everyone who's contributed here on this thread. There is a wealth of information in these 600 some pages. I just received my ARF SS in the mail today from BH, still waiting on my other parts from HK. If anyone is curious, I was shipped a V2 (V3 according to BH's site). It was a pleasant surprise considering I was told I would essentially get a v1.

The fuselage and wings appear to be in great shape so I'm pretty stoked. Unfortunately, the fuselage came glued with the motor mounted which brings me to my questions.

1. Is there a good way of removing the nose weight from the v2 fuselage? I would prefer to not have to split my fuselage since it's already glued, but if I have to I will. I suppose that would also grant me an opportunity to reinforce the fuse with some carbon fiber. Also, how difficult is this to do?

2. How is the motor affixed? I didn't notice any glue in the mounting hole, but it feels quite solidly mounted. I would like to be able to remove the motor to correct the slight angle in the mounted position and to give me options for future upgrades. What is the best way of releasing the stock BL motor from the mount?

Sorry if these questions have been previously answered, but it's not on the front page and it would take forever to wade through this entire thread.

Best regards,
D
Dkumagai is offline Find More Posts by Dkumagai
Last edited by Dkumagai; Oct 18, 2011 at 10:07 PM.