Thread: Careful! Steigeisen Servo big Issue
View Single Post
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:59 PM
Find More Posts by RetoF3X
F3B and F3K
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2009
1,726 Posts
Glad to see that Rainer (Stratair) and Tom (LE-composite, Stobel) are active on rcgroups and that they try to improve their products upon our input.
It was the customer input that got Stratair to offer the 'servos in the wing' option.
Rainer and the Steigeisen designers (Michael Wohlfahrt and Florian Seibel) are coperative and have always listened to my requests.

Sorry Mario for the bad servo, I hope you can fix it (see the various Stobel servo repairs) and enjoy flying the Steigeisen.

@Jun:

I would not want hyperions burried into my wings with their track record. But it is not only the drag, it is also the structural integrity of the wing that is increased going without a hatch. DS 285 in SalPeter work perfectly and I am unaware of failure (for info, SalPeter is more widespread in Europe than Stobel in US).

On the Steigeisen it is easy: stick with the 4 servos in the pod if you don't want to risk a hyperion going bad.
Works great for me (4x DS 285) and with proper install it is flutter free beyond 60m launches.

You can also order Stobels without installed wing servos, so you can make your own hatch and installation (top drive).

Reto
RetoF3X is offline Find More Posts by RetoF3X
Last edited by RetoF3X; Oct 18, 2011 at 01:19 PM.