View Single Post
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:37 PM
Find More Posts by Orvis
Leduc, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2008
562 Posts
Build Log
Piccole Ali .60 size Reggiane RE 2005 Sagittario

Well folks, here is my next ARF build in electric power, a .60 size Reggiane 2005 Sagittario offered by Piccole Ali out of Venice, Italy.

AIRCRAFT SPECS:
wingspan - 1650mm (65")
length - 1440mm (56.7")
electric motor - 1250W brushless
glow engine - .61 2 stroke/.90 4 stroke
flying weight - approx 10 lbs
radio - 6 channel/7 servos

I decided to purchase this model after seeing a thread in the Fuel Warbirds section here on RC Groups. After some conversation with a nice gentleman from Piccole Ali, named Stelvio, the money was sent and the parcel was shipped. A week and a half later, it arrived.
ARRIVAL:
The parcel was shipped post and arrived in unmolested condition. Piccole Ali took the time and care in double boxing the the model box (in essence, triple boxed) to ensure it arrive in the condition it did. Upon opening the 3 boxes to finally unveil the model parts, I noted that all the parts were securely tape to the inside of the box to ensure nothing got banged around inside.
I removed the packaging to inspect each part: 2 wing halves, 2 horizontal stabs, the fuselage, the cowl, the rudder, and all the small bits & pieces and hardware.
First impressions upon looking at the individual parts and the fiberglass fuselage, the model reminds me of a CMP model. although the model is listed as a Piccole Ali exclusive, I wonder if it may have been produced by CMP.
One thing that impressed me was the huge servo tray inside the fiberglass fuse; you can put just about anything you want in there.
Orvis is offline Find More Posts by Orvis