Old Oct 17, 2011, 06:29 AM
Find More Posts by bobly
Joined Sep 2010
4,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
Well guys I finally maidened mine!

What a nightmare. People watching me and I couldn't get it up - so to speak

3 attempted launches power off had it hitting the floor before I could get the power on. I even tried setting throttle hold so I could go to power with the flick of a switch with my right hand...

After so much of being a laughing stock I bit the bullet and launched it Darts style under power. Soon found out the problem - massive roll to the left which needed loads of trim to correct. It seemed to balance ok so maybe this is down to motor torque?
Sounds like my day Saturday. Except that I busted mine up in the first attempts. Got it all fixed up, but way too much wind yesterday to make another attempt. Did get a few minutes in Sunday evening about dark and took the polecat out and practiced the left hand frisby type launch with it. That way I can have my hand on controls like I'm used to. Still felt uncomfortable with power on overhand left hand launch for stryker. Still working and need those fingers on my left hand. Sounds like yours did the same thing as mine with the left hand roll. After trimming out, do the aileron's on the plane look level or do they look like a bit of right aileron trimmed in? I still believe it's gonna be great fun if I ever get it in the air.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly