Old Oct 17, 2011, 06:23 AM
Find More Posts by davidmc36
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
4,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36 View Post
That was easy. Used a jumper to operate the camera from the contact pins. The arrows of matching colours indicate paralled contacts. The power/mode button looks easy since there are already some fair sized solder blobs on the two bottom contacts. The shutter might be tricky since both left contacts are near other things.The lower one near the ribbon and upper the mic. I think I will try the upper one there.

I was thinking of soldering on some wires for the USB too but that looks quite small. Maybe just plug in a USB cord and chop the end to fit a receptacle on it.

Cheers
Got the wires on for the switches last night. Turns out the pin next to the mic was not connected to anything. the small component near the switch was a good place to get that wire without risk of bridging it to the mic contact. They were small but not too bad with magnifier and small iron. Will plug in a USB to the camera and chop the other end to hook to an external USB port.

External switches and USB plug

Also two photos of the camera and remote board installation in the airplane
davidmc36 is offline Find More Posts by davidmc36
Last edited by davidmc36; May 15, 2012 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Links to additional info