Old Oct 15, 2011, 04:22 PM
Find More Posts by Bear_Pants
Suspended Account
United States, NJ, Manchester
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcheapo View Post
-Level flight, the autopilot will keep the plane flying leveled by using aileron and elevator channel outputs. The pilot does have manual control of rudder and throttle.
-Fly by wire, the autopilot will check inputs from the pilot. Ailerons and elevator sticks centered will cause the autopilot to keep zero degrees attitude for both pitch and roll. sticks positions from center to extreme positions will cause the autopilot to set from zero to "max roll/pitch angle" attitudes. Basically the autopilot will make sure the airplane stays on a fixed attitude, while you manually command the desired attitude. This, instead of direct command to control surfaces on manual mode.

I think is better if you use the basic configuration of RVOSD used like OSD only. Connect:
-Camera to video input
-Vtx to video output
-Battery to main or aux battery input.

On this case you can assign a linear control to the auxiliary channel, by moving the control from center to one side and back to center fast you can switch screens. Doing the same to the other side you can enable/disable autopilot modes.
I think is also possible to mix two toggle switches.
What I did to mine was to open the TH9X and solder a ON-MOM-ON switch to one of the potentiometers. Then removed the rudder D/R switch and installed this one instead. If you keep the potentiometer on the middle then you can have a three way switch.
Awesome thanks for the response. Will the autopilot be okay with a wing (elevons) set up?

I'd rather not open up my transmitter and nom nom nom on anything lol. If you could explain to me one more time how I can go about using my TH9X to control the auxiliary channel on the RVOSD. That would help as I am a touch lost.

I will go into the radio and look into mixing. Perhaps I can spoof the 3 way aux switch to a channel that the receiver will pick up. I am getting a dragonlink Monday. But I'd imagine it will be the same channel set up so I want to know so it will be easier to set up on the DL receiver. I hope hooking up the DL to this osd isn't tough
Bear_Pants is offline Find More Posts by Bear_Pants
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)