Thread: Discussion RVOSD - V5 - reports
View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2011, 03:20 PM
Find More Posts by Elcheapo
Joined Oct 2007
1,313 Posts
Quote:
Can someone explain exactly what Fly By Wire does? How is it different from level flight?
-Level flight, the autopilot will keep the plane flying leveled by using aileron and elevator channel outputs. The pilot does have manual control of rudder and throttle.
-Fly by wire, the autopilot will check inputs from the pilot. Ailerons and elevator sticks centered will cause the autopilot to keep zero degrees attitude for both pitch and roll. sticks positions from center to extreme positions will cause the autopilot to set from zero to "max roll/pitch angle" attitudes. Basically the autopilot will make sure the airplane stays on a fixed attitude, while you manually command the desired attitude. This, instead of direct command to control surfaces on manual mode.

Quote:
Question. can you use the RVOSD with just video in and video out connected (ie no current sensor and no aux power hooked up)???? basically i want to use an old, crashed, but good working V3 on an existing setu and not redo all the wiring. so i would insert the rvosd into the existing line of Video/Power/Ground wire that hooks up to the camera....in other words the rvosd is getting power from the video in port.... will this work and not fry the board?
I think is better if you use the basic configuration of RVOSD used like OSD only. Connect:
-Camera to video input
-Vtx to video output
-Battery to main or aux battery input.

Quote:
I only have one 3 way switch on my TH9X. But it seems it's not assigned to any channels. Does this mean I'm SOL as far as using Autopilot and screen change switch?
On this case you can assign a linear control to the auxiliary channel, by moving the control from center to one side and back to center fast you can switch screens. Doing the same to the other side you can enable/disable autopilot modes.
I think is also possible to mix two toggle switches.
What I did to mine was to open the TH9X and solder a ON-MOM-ON switch to one of the potentiometers. Then removed the rudder D/R switch and installed this one instead. If you keep the potentiometer on the middle then you can have a three way switch.
Elcheapo is offline Find More Posts by Elcheapo