Old Oct 14, 2011, 02:30 PM
Find More Posts by mtwargo
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khen View Post
Are you new to 3D flight or what is your experience level? Do you feel comfortable building? What specifically concerns you about the quality of the HK Yak?

With well over 200 flights (and a handful of crashes) I have no complaints with the build quality/materials of the HK Yak, how it flies or the included hardware pack. I think all of it's weak points are outlined in this thread. A lot of which are common to all planes of this size with similar construction. I like that it builds really quickly, but some people prefer to build it up themselves I'm sure.

There is really no magic to these planes. At the end of the day buy the one that suits your fancy and/or budget and have a blast with it .

I know of one person who (I believe) has flown both the HK and Telink Yak, perhaps he'll chime in.
OK... Here is my 2 cents. And remember, I am a team pilot for both companies. BOttom line is that they fly differently. I have both of them. Keep in mind that they were created for 2 different purposes. One was economy, and one was for performance. I am sorry, for economy there is no competition in the two, but the twisted hobbies one put all their efforts into design and performance. Both planes are good... very good. BUt honestly, there is a difference. Maybe you have to be a really good 3d pilot to really feel it... I don't know. BUt there is definitely a performance difference. It is up to the individual as to whether it is worth it to you. There is also, support, delivery and considerations relating to accessible information that are of value as well. Personally, I always feel better supporting high integrity small companies... They drive innovations and performance enhancing improvements. Again.. just my 2 cents.
mtwargo is offline Find More Posts by mtwargo