Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,018 Posts
Returning Defective Merchandise

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard10th View Post
I ordered a #11 jumbo that was defective. they told me to send it back and they would refund my money. They keep telling me they haven't recieved it but they will check on it and for me to be patient. Well now they don't reply to me and it's after the 45 day limit. I did buy a second cam when I sent the first back and that's working fine. live and learn!

Picard

ebay member garymarcoislandinc
Hello Picard,

I inquired about your returned camera situation and got feedback from your Ebay store manager. They have checked with China post using the tracking number you gave, and there is no record for it after leaving the US point of departure (Kent, WA). It has not been received and is quite likely either misplaced in the mail system or held in customs. I assume you have tried to get as much information as possible from the USPS for your tracking number. This is likely a case of an item lost in the international mail handling process or customs somewhere, not a case of your seller receiving the camera and refusing your refund. The good news is you should be receiving contact from your Ebay store manager shortly to hopefully resolve this with you.

For others who need to return a camera for any reason, these tips were given to me by the camera developer to help with a speedy and satisfactory resolution:

1. Always try to get the Ebay seller's help before return a camera. More than half of the returned cameras received are found to work normally!

note: It's not likely many of them come from our user base with the help available here to resolve apparent and real malfunctions.

2. Always contact your Ebay seller for a detailed return address including a phone number. Please print the address instead of writing it on the envelope.

. On the Customs declaration form, DO NOT write anything like "spy camera" (or even "camera") in the description block. This can trigger a customs investigation and delay delivery. Instead, use words like "Key chain gadget" or "Car key gadget" for the description.

If you want an exchange, please just send the faulty camera back if all the accessories are OK. If you want a full refund, all accessories must be returned with the camera.

5. Include a note with the your ebay ID, item number and what's wrong with the item. Also state if you want an exchange or refund.

6. Always communicate with the Ebay seller if there is any issue. If no response within 24 hours, please resend the message. Sometimes it might get filtered as spam or the seller might be off duty due to time difference or public holidays. Some sellers also give more than one email address, a Skype address, etc. for alternative means of contact.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Oct 11, 2011 at 10:57 AM.