Thread: Discussion New Projet A-10
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2011, 06:51 AM
Find More Posts by Demsey
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Jan 2011
335 Posts
Congrats Moparman,

I came across this package from Hobby Partz.com for a fan/motor combo and ordered two for the A-10. A good bargain and will have eight servos to use as well. I recently bought them on sale for $47.90 but that sale seems to have been discontinued. Anyway for $99 it'll go a long way to 'fill the house'. I was planning on using twin E-Flite Delta V units and E-Flite 15 outrunner EDF motors but that would cost close to $200. Not so sure this bird is going to be worth all that. Maybe.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/60p-70mm-edf-combo.html

Hopefully they will fit. The engine nacelles are one piece on the A-10 as you know and not sure if the mounting tabs on the shrouds will have to be removed to slide into each nacelle. The instructions state to 'Epoxy' the engine shroud units into the nacelle. Hmmmm, don't think too much about that method.

I was confused by the description of the ESC's tho' as they state; "( no BEC )" But I see from the description page picture that the ESC has three wires to the receiver connector. I have always presumed that the third red wire was power to the RX via an internal BEC?

I bought an Exceed UBEC anyway as I have more faith in that route for planes with this many servos and retracts. So I will defeat any internal BEC if they indeed are integral to the ESC's in the package.

I too was going to do a build thread but not so sure I will unless NP does some inspections to these kits prior to shipping. I would hate to have great success with this plane and lure others into ordering wrecked kits.

@ Seadog

There is a video now on the product description page @ Nitroplanes where this A-10 is demonstrated. It looks good in flight, but, with this size model and the weight/wing loading it will carry a fast landing apporach like other smaller composite EDF's; E-Flite F-86, Projet F-4, SAPAC T-45 etc.

The demonstration pilot states he had to adjust the CG forward for success but doesn't state where that point is? Hmmmmm. I think this project is going to take a lot of barnyard engineering. Certainly not a beginner model, I may be in over my head as well ! I have flown an array of different 70mm EDF's but I feel this is going to be an, erm, adventure. Hence the decision for the 'bargain' engine package and I think I'll first build the plane with the included stiff gear. If I have success I'll do a retract upgrade and maybe some scale details like adding a minigun.

MmmmmK, see what happens............

Doug
Demsey is offline Find More Posts by Demsey