Old Oct 05, 2011, 04:14 AM
Find More Posts by davylah
Ex RAF Techie
North East England
Joined Jun 2010
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jofro View Post
Davy, good to see someone knows what he is doing. I had a bad dream last night, thinking what happens when both main gear tyres blow up as you mentioned on faster landings. How can those spindelly support wing gears support the weight of the plane as it must drop down considerably? Are the wheel rims badly damaged? One more question, on right wing tip is it yellow or green nav. light or flashing strobe??
Joe, I was looking back through a few pictures from the 'good old days' to show you. The outrigger undercarriage is much stronger than you might think, and has a much greater travel on it's shock absorber too. I even saw one of ours land with the main gear jammed in the retracted position. The pilot hovered it down VERY gently onto the nose and the 2 outriggers without any problems!

Here's a double wheel blow. Wheel rims seem to survive ok but will still have to go away and be x rayed for damage.

One of our jets got struck by lightning!

This is how we kept dry when it rained!!

Pushing a jet into the engine test house

Our Hangar on a good day

Our Hangar now

And to answer your question about the r/h wing tip light, it would be a constant green light.
davylah is offline Find More Posts by davylah
Last edited by davylah; Oct 05, 2011 at 04:20 AM.