View Single Post
Old Oct 03, 2011, 08:36 PM
Find More Posts by beenflying
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
5,036 Posts
Maiden Flight
A miraculous break in the weather allowed me to squeeze in a couple of flights at home, before work this morning, which I videoed.

I have to say I'm really impressed. Couldn't believe how well it flew straight off the workbench. In fact it gave me so much confidence I started throwing it around a bit, even though I didn't have much space. I don't want to freak out the neighbors by flying over there sections, and there's a two story house behind the camera.

The first video is the first flight of this unit and has a couple of stops for tail gain adjustment. There was no drift, but there was a small bounce. I think I have too much mechanical gain, so I'm going to try moving the ball in a hole and see how it goes. I didn't have time to do this today.

The flybarless side of it is flawless, so far. Probably the best flybar feel I have experienced from a FBL heli. Very stable and smooth to fly and no odd cyclic issues. I'm using the middle model # 3 - Soft 3D. There are two models before this and 2 after this. You can load them without loosing any of your setup settings.

There is no tail pre-compensation on the 5 models provided, but the tail still held well on hard pitch pumps, until I lowered the gain too far on the second flight.

The second video is uploading. I'll also try to video some inverted and backwards flight, when I get to go to the field.

Edit: Forgot to mention. I fitted my testing canopy (one I could live with getting damaged) for the first flight. It's one of my good one's on the second flight.

ALZRC 450 Pro with the ALZRC 3GYS Flybarless System (1st flight) (6 min 33 sec)
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Last edited by beenflying; Oct 03, 2011 at 09:16 PM.