Old Oct 03, 2011, 10:49 AM
Find More Posts by CrashMeUp
Crashomatic
United States, CA, SF
Joined May 2010
2,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
Lockouts from what> I haven't had any lockouts on my ums.

J
I don't know, the environment, the range is pretty reduced when I fly in that area with DSM2. I rarely have lock outs when I'm in visual range, but 150m+ starts to be out of visual range. I always keep it up in the sky, so as you can see in the video, the failsafe is motor off/all controls to neutral and the plane falls for 2s time during which the RX reconnects, then I have control again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryclock View Post
CrashMeUp, nice FPV. What type of setup do you use for this?
UM Stryker, 300mah self made batts from 2x 1S zippies, 160mah 1S nanotech UM batts for the FPV camera, 200mW fpvhobby 5.8Ghz Tx, cloverleaf antenna, FS Dominators, and a keychain camera (720p model) for the HD recording, uncased and with a 50mah 1S zippy battery

I'm planning to make a better setup tho, as great as the Stryker is, its not perfect for the HD cam (its perfect without tho) as it sticks out too much and the plane is pretty sensible to aerodynamics on the nose.

To me tho, such setups are much better than the huge planes for FPV. It's simple, flies well, and its fun (flying 15km straight with OSD is not fun if you don't live in the mountains/at the beach/other awesome landscape)

Im thinking of adding a wifi booster to counter the signal problems, although id rather have a more reliable link (like, a DSMX enabled micro RX :P)
CrashMeUp is offline Find More Posts by CrashMeUp