View Single Post
Old Jan 25, 2002, 03:36 PM
terrys01 is offline
Find More Posts by terrys01
Registered User
Annapolis, MD
Joined Dec 2001
92 Posts
My TM has quite a number of flights on it since the end of August and it is still going strong. I've gone through two motors and three gearboxes - working on the fourth gearbox. The new motor is a carbon brushed version.

My TM was begining to look a bit ratty, so I invested some time to clean it up. I filled in some of the gouges, repained with Tamiya paint, installed the decals, and added a crew. I started out with balsa struts because I didn't care for the plastic struts supplied. The balsa works well and does not need supporting wires to produce a stiff wing.

Both upper and lower wings have been reglued several times. I am always careful about how much glue I use - applying only enough to cover the exposed foam and wipe off any that squeezes out.

I built my own wheels when the original ones broke. I have a set of the foam wheels on order from Hobby Lobby so that it looks more realistic and will hopefully roll a bit better.

It weighs 212 grams (7.44 oz) as shown, no battery. I use the DX-A motor, 9x7 or 10x4.7 prop, and two 550mAh LiIon batteries for minimal weight and good flight times.

It's a great plane!

-Terry
terrys01 is offline Find More Posts by terrys01
Reply With Quote