Thread: Discussion Banana Hobby 63" Pitts
View Single Post
Old Oct 02, 2011, 09:38 AM
Find More Posts by banana hobby
United States, CA
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Hello Lithonion! Thank you for your interest and posting the video here! Let me take moment and write a bit about this Pitts. So far, this is the most stable platform in a Stock Out of the box EPO foam Pitts to perform in this fashion. Especially in the 63" wingspan area. I own a E-Flite Carbon Z Yak and this Pitts flies aerobatics and especially in the hover department, is 10 times easier and more predictable than the Carbon Z Yak. The video was my third flight and I still have not programmed expo's and travels where I would like it. Already, I was doing rollers and harriers and a couple torque rolls. This Pitts is absolutely box stock as shown in the video. Right down to the lipo used. It is basic 4 channel so any 4CH and or above radio will be fine. I don't have much more info as I am still testing. So far, back to back flights yielded great all around performance. She a floater for sure. Inverted harriers are vertical draggin' rock solid! High Alpha Knife Edge passes so smooth! Lipo would be 6s 4000mah to 6000mah. The battery area is HUGE. Plenty of room to move the lipo forward and back for each pilots CG likes. The main wings are removable. The wing wires will be on clevis' and removable as well. Once I have more info, I will post up more. I know for sure grass fliers will be fine. The wheels are huge and clearance is hefty! That 3 Blade propeller is amazing! Sounds amazing and power is great!

Regards,

Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby