Find More Posts by Firepower
Firepower
North Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
3,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSLow2Care View Post
Firepower,
It looks like you have a unilateral hinge supporting your pushrods on that mini swift. I was planning to sink my servos down a bit more from where they are now and run the push rods through the styrene tubes on the Swift II, but the strene tubes will now be low enough to be low enough to be glued into the foam.

Thanks for inspiration!
Brian
From memory the Mini Swift did not have a guide but I found them impossibly to fly with my fast motors with out them as the push rods flexed too much and a bit of C of G problem.

I just glued the end of a control horn in the foam in the middle of the push rods.

The video shows what happens when the push rod flexes. This was before I put the guides in and before I worked out why it was jumping around everywhere and before I had 2.4ghz. I carry two of the mini swifts in the van all the time as they are so small. (Never know when I will need them)

Do not watch all the video it is boring but most the jumping around, loops etc are started by the plane from the bending push rods and not me intentionally doing them.

Mini Swift 19 June 2010.avi (5 min 40 sec)
Firepower is offline Find More Posts by Firepower
Last edited by Firepower; Sep 29, 2011 at 04:23 AM.