Old Sep 28, 2011, 12:40 PM
Find More Posts by Hubb
Late
Lebanon, OH
Joined Oct 2003
301 Posts
Hi Teo,

a couple of thoughts to your questions:

I fly mine on 3cell set-up and a 13x6.5 Prop. Firstly, my AUW is about 48oz. it seems the lighter this plane is the better it wants to fly. Secondly, the 13x6.5 prop gave me a little more consistant speed up / down / rolling figures etc. as you have found the plane can get pretty fast. for me flying on 4cells and 12x6 prop the plane was just a rocket. I like it much better flying a tad slower with more consistant throttle. I fly mine for 8 minutes on 3000mah batteries.

like always, I work hard on thrust angles and balance when I set-up a plane. it took a few fllights to finally work in the up/dwn right/left motor angle. Finally my balance is what I would call very neutral. it will hold an inverted 45 upline with little to no input (but not climb). it feels a tad sensitive at first but I found needed to be able to fly the rolling looping portions in FAI. At this CG I do have some pitch to the belly on rudder imput so I do have little Rud-Ele mixing programmed in as well as just a tad of Rud-Ail mixing to overcome a slight roll coupling.

I can get you more precise deflections and then %'s if you need

I love this little plane and now that we are done flying the big birds for the year this plane is back in the van as an everyday flyer.
Hubb is offline Find More Posts by Hubb